Unleash your creativity at OggCamp

It’s just under nine weeks until OggCamp, the biggest and best community-run Open Source event in the country! It’s being held in a fantastic new facility in Liverpool on the 18th and 19th August and it’s absolutely free to attend. This is the fourth OggCamp and I’m sure it’s going to be the best yet!

I’m not actually helping to organise this year’s event though, so I’ve been thinking about what I can do over the weekend. I’m determined to have time to talk to people and enjoy the event itself, which is almost impossible to do when you’re in the throws of organising it!

I’m planning to run a photography project over the weekend, although I’m still kicking around ideas. I’ve got something in mind, but hopefully it will continue to grow with a bit of thought and creativity! I know there are a lot of other photo geeks out there. If you’re coming to OggCamp and would be interested in getting involved in something, let me know!

I’m also thinking about volunteering a talk. Apart from the live podcast episode I’ve never had time to do a talk during an OggCamp before. I’ve been mulling over some ideas for a while but would love to hear your suggestions for what you’d like to hear me talk about at OggCamp.

7 Responses to Unleash your creativity at OggCamp

1. Andrew Fullam says:

I live in Liverpool and this will be my first time taking part in any kind of open source event. I haven’t really had the opportunity to engage before so I’m really looking forward to it. 🙂

2. Tony says:

Brilliant to hear Andrew, make sure you come and say hello. 🙂

3. Lucy says:

I went to the first OggCamp in Liverpool and am fully intending to go back this August. I’ve been distracted away from Linux /tech things in recent years and have gotten more into photography. I would be very, very interested in taking part in a photography project!

4. Tony says:

Great to hear it Lucy. 🙂

5. Pete Stean says:

Hi Tony. Just responding to the podcast. How about a photowalk with a specific goal in mind at Oggcamp? The Wigwam? I would be happy to be involved whatever you decide…

Regards
      Pete

6. James Hugman says:

Hullo

Did the photos from this project ever make it online? I seem to remember there were some really nice photos from it.

Thanks

7. Tony says:

Hi James. They all went up on Google+ but we are waiting for Fab to put them on OggCamp.org. If you are after a specific picture of yourself, let me know and I will send it to you.