That’s right, it’s my end of year round up! I am running the risk that nothing significant or amazing will happen to me in the next 24 hours, I know. I’ve trawled through tweets and blogs and reminded myself of the fantastic, crazy things that have happened this year. Here are just some of them, in no particular order.
- An amazing year of wedding photography. Lots of lovely clients, so many different styles of wedding. Thank you to each and every one of you for asking me to be your wedding photographer.
- Started my Malawi Mission to help improve healthcare in the UK and Africa. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me so far. You can still donate to it here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/tonywhitmore
- A year of celebratory screenings of Doctor Who stories at the BFI in London. As well as the screenings and the panels, it was great to hang out with fellow fans who have now become friends.
- Helped make an awesome OggCamp happen. This year’s was the biggest and I think the best. So many cool people doing cool things, it was a pleasure to be part of it.
- The Project Motormouth convention. I had my photo taken with four Doctors!
- Another glorious season of the Ubuntu Podcast. The live shows continue to be good fun to do and the weekly episodes seem to have gone down well. I can’t believe Alan and I have been doing it for six years.
- The Sam Shaw Appeal. So many people helped raise an enormous amount of money to get Sam treatment in the US that gives him an increased chance of beating his neuroblastoma. Thank you so much to every one who has contributed.
- Interviewing lots of lovely people for The Doctor Who Podcast at Big Finish Day 3, and being a guest presenter on two episodes.
- Being inducted into the legendary Photography Farm, and meeting a great group of fellow photographers. And I got to second shoot for Shell de Mar and Neil Thomas Douglas as a result.
- Seeing lots of live theatre performances including the Reduced Shakespeare Company, Richard Herring, Mark Thomas, the 39 Steps, I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue, and Toby Hadoke.
- Having some of my photographs included on an official BBC DVD documentary about David Burton, the Doctor Who Never Was. And having more photographs published in Doctor Who Magazine.
- Visiting the the magical island of Spetses for Stuart and Zoe’s wedding.
- Celebrating my birthday. I know it happens every year, but this year I actually celebrated it. With other people. It was fun. 🙂
- Having an entire month full of Doctor Who anniversary celebrations: “An Adventure in Space and Time“, “The Day of the Doctor” in 3D with the people who made it, and the official Celebration. (And saw 9 new episodes of Doctor Who from the 1960s!)
There are some things I’ve done this year that have been really, really special. But I just can’t tell you about them. Sorry! They really were among the highlights of my year though.
I’ve got a feeling that 2014 will be very special too. Have a great new year….Pin It